Cultural News and Events

Havana Weather:   24°C

Documents you need to Travel

Canadian nationals holding a valid Canadian passport or a Canadian permanent resident card do not need a visa to enter Cuba. They can travel with their valid passports (and PR card) and the tourist card that is included in the holiday package (provided onboard or at the airline counter at airports in Canada at time of check in). It is important for you to know that the Canadian passport should be valid for at least one week after the return date.

This also applies for Citizens from other countries holding either of the following categories:

  • Valid Work Permit (holding multiple entry visa on passports)
  • Valid Student Permit (holding multiple entry visa on passports)

If you do not fall in either of the categories mentioned above, please contact the Cuban Consulate – Tourism Section at

If you are sailing to Cuba, be sure to contact port authorities before you reach jurisdictional waters (12 miles from the base line). Use these communication channels:

-HF (SSB) channel 2760 (national coastal network) and 2790 (tourism network); or
-VHF channel 68 (national coastal network) and 16 (tourism network).

Port authorities will ask you for the following information:

-name of yacht
-port of registry
-last port of call
-port of arrival
-estimated time of arrival (ETA)
-type of craft
-colour of craft
-number of persons on board.

You must follow the instructions given by the port authorities and remain on board until all legal formalities are concluded.

If you plan to fly to Cuba on a private plane, you must send an operational request for approval of your flight plan in a telex addressed to the:

Regimen de Vuelos de Aeronautica Civil de Cuba, La Habana
Telex: 51727 ACVCU

In the request, you must specify:

-whether the plane is private
-the type of aircraft
-registration number and class
-starting point
-pilot’s name
-expected date, place and time of arrival
-objective of the trip.

Comments are closed.